- A Message To Our Community
- Postponed: Free CPR Training Program
- Community News: Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
- Community News: Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
After 4 weeks trading under our abridged COVID Safe trading model we are looking forward to gradually restoring some further normality to our operations from 1 July, as the NSW Government further relaxes some restrictions.
These changes allow us to welcome additional patrons to the Club and although Members will still need to swipe in and out when visiting, we will also be opening the door to Members Guests and Temporary Members from today. To further streamline the entry process we will be discontinuing the temperature checks from this time. While you will still need to remain seated when at the Club, a combination of our large footprint and the relaxed conditions permit us to significantly increase the amount of furniture available in our various bars and dining outlets to allow more patrons to enjoy our hospitality.
Our increased capacity provides us with the opportunity to gradually reintroduce some entertainment, activities and promotions throughout July. Some of the key dates in our roadmap to normality include the following:
- Wednesday 1 July
– Full menu available in Burger Bros located in the Boat Shed Bar – View the menu here.
- Friday 3 July
– Mario’s Pizza resumes trading on the ground floor – View the menu here.
– TAB lounge reopens adjacent to the Bay Bar.
- Wednesday 8 July
– Club Bingo recommences at 7pm in the Star Lounge (restricted to a maximum of 90 persons).
- Thursday 9 July
– The Mega Meat Raffle is back in the Star Lounge initially with 50 prizes up for grabs with tickets on sale from 5pm with the draw at 6pm.
– $10 wing promotion from Burger Bros returns.
- Friday 10 July
– Club Bingo recommences at 11am in the Star Lounge (restricted to a maximum of 90 persons).
– Live entertainment program recommences in the Star Lounge with soloists playing every Friday and Saturday night with no dance floor available – Click here to see who is performing.
- Sunday 12 July
The Lifestyle Raffle is back in the Star Lounge initially with 50 prizes up for grabs with tickets on sale from 11.30am with the draw at 12.30pm.
- Monday 13 July
– Cash Housie recommences from 11am in the Star Lounge (restricted to a maximum of 90 persons) with other sessions returning each Thursday at 11am from July 16 and Saturdays at 10.30am from 18 July.
- Wednesday 15 July
– Trivia restarts in the Boat Shed Bar from 7pm with selected $8 burgers available from Burger Bros.
- Thursday 16 July
– The very popular Member’s Cash Jackpot and Member’s Money Wheel return from 6pm.
Whilst it will be great to have some musicians performing live music again during July, the further expansion of our entertainment program is hamstrung by the capacity limitations and the restrictions on dancing. Due to the higher vulnerability of some of our Members a number of our activities such as our weekly seniors concert, Sunday dance and indoor bowls remain suspended as does access to either the courtesy bus or children’s play area due to their additional sanitising requirements. We will keep reviewing these decisions and update you with any changes.
Please note that access to the snooker and darts rooms will be limited to our subsidiary clubs for their scheduled competitions to ensure appropriate hygiene protocols are in place, with the various commencement dates provided directly through our subsidiary clubs.
It is important that we all contribute to keeping everybody safe and healthy during the pandemic. While Belmont 16s remain committed to our COVID Safe practices such as enhanced hygiene and cleaning regimes, promoting social distancing and providing clear thoroughfares to avoid co-mingling, you can also play your part by maintaining your distance from others, by using the hand sanitizers that we have provided and most importantly staying at home if you are feeling unwell.
The challenge for the Club continues to be striking the appropriate balance between an expansion of our operation and keeping the curve flat. We thank you for your patience as we walk this tightrope.
On behalf of all of the Belmont 16s team we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chief Executive Officer