- Mother’s Day at 16s
- Member Meal Deal Dining Specials
- Your Club is a 2018 Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Beanies for Brain Cancer Day at 16s
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Knights Games Live & Loud in The Boat Shed Bar
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
- Community News: The Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
A new bus for Lakeside School
Belmont 16s is proud to support Lakeside School, with the recent donation of a specialised school bus for students in conjunction with Variety the children’s charity and McCloy Group. Local to Lake Macquarie, the Lakeside School provides a high level of care and education for Kindergarten students through to Year 12 experiencing moderate to severe intellectual disabilities.
A brand new school bus provides invaluable opportunities for students to participate in the local community through various activities, including the Club’s Sailability program, assisting the school to deliver life skills based learning programs. This access to the community is essential to facilitate everyday experiences for students as well as their long term social development.
President David Berryman was delighted to hand over the keys of the new school bus to students, teachers and parents in June; over morning tea and a live band performance from the Hunter Sports High School band.