- A Message To Our Community
- Win a Beanie for Brain Cancer T&Cs
- Mother’s Day Hamper Giveaway T&Cs
- Postponed: Free CPR Training Program
- Community News: Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
- Community News: Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
The Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee is made up of various services in Lake Macquarie, which includes; NSW Police, Lake Macquarie City Council, housing providers, human services, the local Men’s Shed and family support services.
The primary role of the Committee is, to primarily raise awareness of domestic violence in the community, and share information about prevention. The Committee aims to support the local prevention of domestic violence by, educating locals about what domestic violence is and empowering people to stand up and speak out against it.
The Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee was a recipient of funding through the ClubGRANTs program in 2016. This donation was used to deliver the Respectful Relationships Program at Warners Bay High School.
Partnering with White Ribbon Ambassador and former Newcastle Knights player, Clint Newton, the committee educated and supported over 200 students on respectful relationships. This program was highly praised by the staff and students of Warners Bay High School and the committee looks forward to delivering similar programs to more schools and it’s pupils in the future.