- Knights Games Live & Loud in The Boat Shed Bar
- Join, Renew Or Collect Your 2020 Membership Card Now
- World Margarita Day in The Boat Shed Bar
- Free CPR Training with Hunter Heart Safe
- Member Meal Deal Dining Specials
- Play, Win, Redeem On The Ascent Rewards Kiosk!
- Community News: Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
- Community News: Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
Belmont Neighbourhood Centre is a community centre for residents living in the 2280 postcode area and beyond. Some of their local projects include; hall hire, Habitat in Harmony Community Garden, Belmont Men’s Shed and a range of regular events, workshops and community development projects.
In 2017, Belmont Neighbourhood Centre was a recipient of the Clubs Category 1 funding through ClubGRANTS, which allowed the Centre to upgrade their community computer facilities. This upgrade allowed the Centre to replace previous technology that had reached the end of their working life.
Members of the community access these computers at Belmont Neighbourhood Centre for various reasons, such as; to apply for jobs, write resumes, complete reporting activities for government services such as Medicare and Centrelink, attend educational skills based training and for one-on-one tutoring. This resource is a great opportunity for local residents to become connected online, and develop great technological skills.
Chris Brown (the Coordinator at Belmont Neighbourhood Centre) has expressed his gratitude towards Belmont 16s: “We have now responsive, fast, reliable and modern technology, which allows our volunteers to provide essential services to the community”.
Chris also continued to say that, their office is “the heart of the centre” and depends on reliable technology in order to better help local residents. For instance, providing information and referrals, administering bookings for a range of programs and, and communicating with members of the community as needed.