- New Year’s Eve Free Entertainment at 16s
- The Boat Shed Bar is Open Melbourne Cup Day
- Member Meal Deal Dining Specials
- Christmas Day Lunch Is On Sale Now
- Happy 4th Birthday The Boat Shed Bar! What’s new?
- Play, Win, Redeem On The Ascent Rewards Kiosk!
- Community News: Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
- Community News: Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
ENGAGE HOSPITALITY 2018
Belmont High School and Belmont 16’s community youth project
Through the ClubGrants program, Belmont High School was able to receive sponsorship from Belmont 16s to fund a career skills building program, called Engage Hospitality, which helped to provide students with a better understanding of the hospitality industry and its career path potential.
Engage Hospitality is a career development program developed by Mrs Natalie Hilder, the careers advisor at Belmont High School. This program aims to assist Year 9 students, in shaping their outlook towards potential career paths. The Engage program would allow students to gain nationally recognised qualifications while promoting key work skills, for example; communication, decision making and problem solving.
The program would give students the opportunity to be immersed in ‘real world’ experiences and personal development opportunities, for example; career development lessons, volunteer service, engage in work readiness activities, as well as participate in work experience at Belmont 16s.
Belmont 16s is proud to support local school students, and looks forward to future opportunities to participate in similar programs such as, Engage Hospitality.
|Week 1||Introduction to the program at BHS|
|Week 2||Work Readiness at BHS|
|Week 3||Volunteer Work at Belmont Neighbourhood Centre|
|Week 4||Barista Course at Hamilton TAFE|
|Week 5||Presentation & communication in the work place|
|Week 6||RSA Course – BHS, ASPIRE TRAINING|
|Week 7||Belmont 16’s visit with various hospitality staff at Belmont 16’s|
|Week 8||Work Experience induction at BHS|
|Week 9||Work Experience at Belmont 16’s|
|Week 10||Work Experience at Belmont 16s’s|