- Join, Renew Or Collect Your 2019 Membership Card – $24,000 Worth Of Prizes To Be Won!
- Member Meal Deal Dining Specials
- Your Club is a 2018 Clubs & Community Awards Finalist
- Community News: Belmont High School
- Community News: Beanies for Brain Cancer Day at 16s
- Community News: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
- Knights Games Live & Loud in The Boat Shed Bar
- Community News: Lifeline Service Returns to Belmont
- Community News: Centre for Hope Youth Centre
- Community News: A New Bus for Lakeside School
- Community News: The Eastlakes Domestic Violence Committee
Centre for Hope
The 16s are proud supporters of local charitable organisation, Centre for Hope. This charity works with local youths, through a mentoring program, who are suffering adversity, and who are considered to be in need of intervention to improve their educational and life outcomes.
Their vision: To empower disadvantaged young Australians to respect themselves, to connect to the wider community and to create an inspired life.
Centre for Hope was a recipient of the Club’s funding through the ClubGRANTS initiative in 2016. These funds have supported the ongoing operation of a Youth Drop-In Centre, located at Lake Macquarie Fair Shopping Centre in Mount Hutton, to provide a safe, welcoming and fun space for young people aged 6 to 16 years.
Most importantly, the Drop-In Centre is free for youths to attend and is open weekdays from 3pm to 6pm during school terms, and from 10am to 6pm in school holidays. Supervision is provided by Centre For Hope volunteers. Centre for Hope also provides complimentary snacks and drinks, a pool table, air hockey, foosball, lego, UNO, Wii, DVD’s, books as well as board games for youths
Since opening 12 months ago over 200 young people per month have attended the Drop-In Centre, enjoying a range of activities such as art workshops and mural design, dancing and music, skateboarding, bike riding, quizzes, games and pool competitions.
The Club is humbled in working with this incredible organisation in Lake Macquarie to achieve real outcomes in the lives of our young people.